Monday, August 1, 2011

Zito to DL, Sanchez Done for Season

CSN Bay Area tweeted today:
 is headed to the disabled list  
Insider Mychael Urban tweets:
 to DL w/ problem in same foot that put him there in first place. 

Looks like the Giants catch a break by putting Zito on the 15-day DL today, as Jonathan Sanchez will pitch in his place once activated from his rehab stint with Fresno.

In his last three starts, Zito has gone 0-3, and has allowed 19 earned runs, six home runs, 21 hits and eight walks in just 15.2 innings. Just flat out terrible. Maybe some time away from baseball is what he needs.

In other news, Freddy Sanchez (who attempted to rehab through his shoulder injury) will undergo surgery and miss the remainder of the season. He is expected to return in time for spring training, but things don't look good for the second baseman.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring
    a blog article or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you're interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Wonderful blog by the way!

    Also visit my website ... how to win money online free

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
    good. I don't know who you are but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    Here is my site; make money with clickbank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after looking at some of the posts I realized it's new to me.

    Anyhow, I'm definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!


    Here is my web page ... binary options brokers

    ReplyDelete